Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Faces, Horses, or Boats?

So I am still trying to decide what I want to do for the final. I really like David Meanix's style- meshing real people with their photographed counterparts. However, I feel like doing something along those lines would be pretty much plagiarism as well as hugely time consuming. I'm definitely going to toy with the idea though. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of cutting out various facial features from magazines and putting them on real people then snapping a photo- I'm still a little on the fence though.
The other idea I had was to document daily life at the barn where I keep my horse. There are a ton of animals, people, machinery, and old dusty buildings. The only thing is that I did something like that for my high school photo class, so while I love taking pictures of farm activities, I think I should probably branch out.
And the last thought that sprang into my head- while writing this actually- was to go down to the waterfront (I live on the Maine coast) and get pictures of the fishing trolleys and ferryboats coming and going from the harbor. Wow, I really like that idea. I am definitely going to test that one out.
Okay, well I guess I just solved my own question. I love the ocean, but luckily this prevents me from doing any sappy, postcard-esque beach scenes while I still get to capture little pieces of a working waterfront. I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out- wish me luck!

No comments: