Wednesday, December 12, 2007

To the Left

A friend of mine from high school's mother is a photographer and today I went and scoped out her website. Some of her work is of the waterfront so I just wanted to contrast and compare my style with a professional photographers. Even though our subject matter was very similar, I noticed that her approach almost always had the same template of putting the subject matter in the dead center of the picture. It didn't make her work boring at all, you just knew exactly what it was you were supposed to be focused on. For myself, I seem to put everything off to the left side. I have no idea why the left side, but I pretty consistently do that. Maybe it says something about my subconscious... Or maybe I just like the left.

By the way, I would post the pictures of the photographer I know, but she has some special lock on her site that prevents you from doing the copy-paste thing.

No comments: